Whether you are starting a new relationship, moving in with your significant other, or just looking for ways to rekindle a spark with your spouse, the right bedroom environment is essential. You do not have to go out and buy new furniture or spend a fortune either. These tips will help you romanticize the bedroom without breaking the bank.
- Red – It may seem cliché to just add red elements to the room, but red is associated with love because it is an emotionally intense color. Add a red decorative pillow or candles to the room. Toss a red throw at the end of the bed, or if you really want to go wild, paint a red accent wall.
Personal Fireplace – A personal fireplace is even better than candles. Nothing creates a romantic ambiance quite like a dancing flame. Of course, a personal fireplace can also be a nice complement to your collection of sweet smelling candles, too.
- Sweet Scents – Speaking of scents, there are certain fragrances often associated with romance. There are also some less popular ones that may become your favorites once you try them. A few recommendations include vanilla, cinnamon, lavender, black licorice, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, patchouli, neroli, ylang ylang, and clary sage.
- Love Decals – Wall decals have become quite popular in recent years. Once you start shopping for them, you will find a tremendous amount of love-related quotes. Of course, you could just go with a decal of bright red lips, too.
- Soft Textiles – There is nothing romantic about scratchy sheets or a rough comforter. Splurge on your textiles. Lavish fabrics will instantly create a sensuous feel.
- Chandelier – Do you really need that boring ceiling fan above the bed? Lighting plays a huge role in the tone of a room. Nothing can compare to a romantic vintage chandelier.
- Sheer Curtains – These curtains are not for your windows. These are to hang above the bed. You can create a canopy or four posts, or use a circular fame to hang them from the center point above the bed, so they fall around the sides.
- Homemade Headboard – Making a headboard can be done using a variety of materials. There is no right or wrong way. Cover it in red velvet or a heart-patterned material. You can get creative and thread crystal or glue rhinestones to it, as well.