Have you grown bored with your outdoor space? Maybe you spent a fortune on the gorgeous furniture you just had to have, but the space just does not feel welcoming. For whatever reason, many people buy furniture for their deck of patio, but then their decorating effort stops there. If this sounds like you then maybe you just are not aware of how generous the selection is of outdoor décor, or maybe you just don’t know what is trending. The following five things will make your space more interesting and inviting.
1. Decorative Rugs – There is a very good chance that you do not even know how large the variety of rugs for patio spaces is. You might even be thinking that you have a rug in front of your door, so you don’t need another one. Rugs for patio and deck spaces have really come a long way in recent years. There are some nice enough to be used inside your home, only they are designed to stand up against harsh environmental elements. Plus, they are easily cleaned with the spray of a hose.
Kanto Portable Indoor Outdoor Gel Fuel Fireplace
Dimensions: 27.25″ W x 9.5″ D x 20.5″ H
2. Ventless Fireplace – Even on a warm, muggy night, there is nothing better than relaxing in the glow of a dancing flame. A tabletop or freestanding fireplace is a must-have accessory for your patio. They are available in bio ethanol and gel varieties. Both fuel sources burn clean, produce no smoke, and are completely maintenance-free.
3. Lighting – Just like inside your home, lighting plays a huge role in creating ambiance and increasing safety. Solar lanterns should be along walkways and beside stairs. String lights offer a fun look around shrubs, decking, and fencing, and colorful paper lanterns can be hung from overhead trees and rafters. The paper lanterns are just as lovely to look at during the day as they are at night while lit. Although perfect for parties, they are ideal to use all season long.
4. Water Fountain – There is a good chance you already have a water element on your patio. Every outdoor space should have at least one. So, if you don’t have one yet, now is the time to start shopping. It will create the focal point your outdoor space is crying for.
5. Bird Accessories – Any space will instantly go from boring to brilliant when there is a steady supply of living art flying around. Birdfeeders, birdbaths, and birdhouses are highly recommended.